Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fame and Fortu.. well, fame : Part 2


Subsequently, we've had a huge influx of new visitors.
This is hell of awesome.

For those of you that missed the story of this picture, it is (as best as I recall) as follows :
Curt and I were sitting at a bar waiting on our food.
I asked Curt what I should draw.
Curt : Can you draw Darkseid?
me : Sure.
Curt : Oh! Can you draw Darkseid fighting Freddie Mercury?
me : Cool! Okay.
Curt : OH! Can you draw Freddie Mercury AS a Green Lantern fighting Darkseid?!
me : OMG AWESOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we started huggin' and high-fivin' and all dancin' around and such.
A little bit of fun trivia about the picture that before right now only 4 people knew : In my original pencils, Freddie was using the ring to create a "Fat Bottomed Girl" to combat Darkseid.

It's really pretty fortuitous timing that this happened today, because today just happened to be the day we received/unveiled the new logo/banner created for us by the unbelievable Dylan Todd.
He's also responsible for one of my favorite blogs, Big Red Robot.

So yeah, if you're one of our new visitors, thanks for stopping by and please drop in again. Tell a friend even.
There'll definitely be a lot of things to look at over the next few days (if all goes according to plan at least), and if you're just here for Freddie, rest assured, he's involved.
Heavily involved.

Well, I mean, not literally, but I will be posting more of the pictures of him as various superheroes I drew for people at MoCCA.

No comments: